The Wealth Management Associate Program (WMAP) is a 24-month development program designed to pipeline trainees to become a successful Financial Advisor in the Advisory Mastery Program (AMP). Wealth Management Associate trainees provide support to financial advisors in a number of ways including leveraging financial planning tools for client portfolios, providing technology training and support and assisting with business development activities. The goal of the Wealth Management Associate Program is to prepare trainees in all facets of financial advising with a focus on financial planning, leveraging technology tools and business development. Wealth Management Associate will learn how to create and present financial plans to clients, how to use the myriad of technological designed for advisor efficiency and building client portfolios. During the initial onboarding months, Wealth Management Associate trainees will be focused on getting their Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7, and Series 66. The WMAP program offers comprehensive education, training and mentorship of both technical and sales skills. The approach of the program fully positions WMAP trainees for success and long-term development. At the conclusion of the 24-month program, associates will transition into the Advisory Mastery Program (AMP) where they will become a Financial Advisor.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
- Develop financial plans leveraging MoneyGuidePro financial planning software.
- Share financial plans with Financial Advisors in the branch and complex and present plans to advisor's clients.
- Leverage financial advisor technology resources and brand those resources in their branch and complex.
- Learn and practice client relationship foundations by evaluating client financial needs, investment opportunities, current holdings and available investment capital and help them identify their investment objectives.
- Successfully pass industry licensing requirements including the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 and Series 66.
- Practice Business Development strategies, in conjunction with coaching and mentorship to prepare for developing a book of business as a Financial Advisor in the AMP program.
- Seeks expertise of internal resources to identify investment opportunities and solutions for clients.
- Completes required program training and assignments, obtaining mandatory industry licenses within prescribed timeframes, mastering assessments and meeting minimum performance and production standards.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.We Expect Our Associates At All Levels To
- Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
At Raymond James - we honor, value, respect the uniqueness, experiences, and backgrounds of all of our Associates. When associates bring their best authentic self, our organization, clients and communities thrive, it is part of our part of our people-first culture. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.Job
Financial Advisor Trainee ProgramPrimary Location
US-PA-Cranberry Township-Cranberry TownshipOrganization
Yes, 10 % of the TimeKnowledge Of
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Basic principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Fundamental investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Financial markets and products.
- Preparing and delivering clear, effective, and professional presentations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with clients.
- Excellent problem solving skills to identify the needs of clients through effective questioning and listening techniques.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
- Demonstrate persistence in the face of obstacles and maintain optimism in the face of rejection.
- Leverage technology for maximum effectiveness
- Accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively in high stress situations.
- Effectively communicate portfolio losses while preserving client loyalty.
- Provide a high level of client service with a strong focus remaining on what's best for their personal wealth management.
- Network in the community and effectively market him or herself and Raymond James.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A) from four-year College or university preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years working experience, including sales (preferably intangible) or business experience demonstrating achievement preferred.
- An equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
- SIE required within 120 days of employment
- Series 7 & 66 required within 120 days of employment
- CFP preferred but not required